UVC Blade Handheld Germicidal Fixture
The UVC Blade from American Ultraviolet is a handheld UVC disinfection fixture designed to destroy bacteria in spaces where traditional hard-mounted UVC fixtures are inconvenient to mount; and in spaces that do not need constant exposure to UVC light. The portable UVC Blade can also be effectively used for mold remediation.
The lightweight UVC Blade utilizes ultraviolet-C (UV-C) light to eliminate, or inactivate, microorganisms on various surfaces, and offers a number of helpful features, including:
- Polished aluminum reflector for maximum UVC output
- Quick and easy lamp-change (no tools required)
- On/off safety switch; comes with ultraviolet safety glasses
- Oversized, comfortable handle to minimize grip discomfort
- Convenient plug in to any standard 120V outlet
UVC Blade Specifications
- 110-277V, 50/60Hz
- Provides ≥735µW-s/cm² of UVC intensity @ 6"
- 18"L x 5"Wx6.25"H
- 6' three-prong power cord standard on 120V version
- Uses one SBL350T shatterproof germicidal UVC lamp
- Lightweight aluminum housing is sturdy; weighs less than 5 lbs.
There are several reasons why you should consider using the Blade for UV surface disinfection in your home:
- Efficient Germicidal Action: UV-C light has germicidal properties, meaning it can destroy the DNA or RNA of bacteria, viruses, and other microbial contaminants. When applied to surfaces, UVC light can effectively disinfect them by rendering microorganisms inactive, preventing them from replicating and causing infections.
- Chemical-Free Disinfection – Ultraviolet surface disinfection is a chemical-free method. Unlike some traditional cleaning agents that may contain chemicals, UV-C light provides a non-chemical alternative for disinfecting surfaces. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who are sensitive to, or wish to minimize exposure to, cleaning chemicals.
- Broad Spectrum Disinfection - UV light is effective against a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, and molds. This broad spectrum of action makes UV-C surface disinfection versatile for various applications in the home.
- Rapid Disinfection – UV surface disinfection works quickly. The exposure time needed to achieve disinfection depends on factors such as the intensity of the UV-C light, and the distance from the surface, but, in general, it is faster than some other disinfection methods.
- Complements Regular Cleaning - UV-C surface disinfection can be used as a supplementary measure alongside regular cleaning practices. While routine cleaning removes visible dirt and debris, UV-C light can target and eliminate invisible microorganisms that may remain on surfaces, even after cleaning.
- Reduced Risk of Cross-Contamination - Using UV light on surfaces can help reduce the risk of cross-contamination in areas where harmful microorganisms may be present. This is especially important in spaces such as kitchens and bathrooms, where bacteria and viruses can easily spread from surfaces to hands, and vice versa.
- Automation and Ease of Use - UVC surface disinfection devices are available in various forms, including handheld wands, stationary fixtures, or automated robots. Some devices are designed to operate automatically, making it convenient for users to disinfect surfaces without direct manual intervention.
Prolonged, direct exposure to UVC light can cause temporary skin redness and eye irritation. American Ultraviolet systems are designed with safety in mind and, when properly installed by a professional contractor, do not allow exposure to UV irradiation and allow for safe operation and maintenance.
None of the American Ultraviolet UVC products detailed above are certified, or approved under any applicable laws, as a medical device, and as such, American Ultraviolet, and its Representatives and Distributors, do not currently intend for them to be used as medical devices anywhere globally. Products have not been evaluated by the FDA.